Friday 16 March 2018

Sarissa Precision Nissen Hut

Since the water table is giving me head aches I have decided to flip it over and make a remote, ill-maintained airstrip on the other. Nothing too fancy: a couple of buildings and a derelict runway. First up is a Sarissa Precision Quonset/Nissen hut.
Although a smidge on the small side, as you can see in the Sarissa photo above, it is a simple but effective kit and comes at a reasonable price. The horizontal lines allow the card roof to bend but most Quonset huts have corrugated roofing with the ribs running vertically. Judging  by photos I have found this roofing was layered so that in effect you do have horizontally running lines.
If I wasn't so anxious to get painting this unit, I could have glued Evergreen or Plastruct corrugated roofing in strips following the horizontal lines and it would have been much more realistic. In the end though I really wanted to try out some new brushes and high flow acrylics, so... here it is:





In other news... Trumpeter's Salute! The jungle and urban tables are all ready to get loaded into the pickup; I head out the door in about an hour and 15.



1 comment: